Rock and Ice’s companion magazine Trail Runner is seeking a qualified Advertising Manager. The Advertising Manager is responsible for maintaining Trail Runner’s current print and digital sales accounts, prospecting and securing new advertising sales in all media, and developing new revenue opportunities. Trail Runner is the only magazine dedicated to off-road running, is owner operated and maintains a culture of the outdoor lifestyle.
Located in the picturesque Roaring Fork Valley, Carbondale was one of Outside magazine’s Top Towns in 2013. With nearly unlimited single track that starts from Trail Runner and Rock and Ice’s doorstep, Carbondale is a trail runner’s paradise, but also has abundant rock climbing—Rifle is 45 minutes away—boating, skiing, road and mountain biking and virtually any outdoor pursuit imaginable.
Advertising Manager Reports to: Associate Publisher.
Location: Full time in the Trail Runner office in Carbondale, Colorado.
Start date: ASAP
Essential job functions
- Drive sales necessary to achieve revenue goals.
- Lead sales for Trail Runner and establish partnerships and relationships with accounts and prospective accounts.
- Identify and maximize top opportunities for market share and revenue growth. Analyze the marketplace and competition to determine the most effective sales strategies to increase advertising revenues across all platforms.
- Drive the advertising sales process with marketing strategies, focused and systematic sales planning and successful implementation of the plans.
- Develop creative strategies to maximize sales resources and optimize revenues, including multi-platform products and pricing.
- Work with key advertisers to develop successful, mutually beneficially relationships.
- Work with the publisher, associate publisher, circulation director, production manager, art director and the editors to develop and execute new or expanded products and sales programs to achieve revenue targets.
- Works with key partners throughout the organization to conduct sales, strategic and operational planning.
- Work with publisher and associate publisher to prepare and implement the department's budget, sales goals and revenue and expense plans.
- Work with editors and other staff to develop, and sell new print products, including special sections and magazines.
- Develop sales strategies, packaging and pricing for online and social media products.
- Monitor competitors for sales leads.
- Analyze business trends.
- Plan and organize marketing and outreach events.
- Work with art department, circulation and editors to create and distribute marketing materials including media kits and promotional materials.
- Maintain online digital campaigns.
Qualifications: College degree.At least two years of marketing and sales or agency experience. Strong understanding of social media. Self Starter. Strong affiliation with outdoors and desire to work in the outdoor industry. Extra points for being a trail runner and/or having experience in the outdoor industry.
Compensation: Base plus commission and bonuses, DOE. Three weeks paid time off through three years, then four weeks paid, plus standard holidays.
Contact: If interested, send cover letter and resume to Associate Publisher Paula Stepp, email@example.com